Artist Membership & Event Registration
Open to all artists and artisans living AND working in the Margaret River Region from Busselton to Augusta. This includes professional, established, emerging, student and hobby artists. You may be asked to provide proof of residence in the City of Busselton or Augusta Margaret River Shire.
- Also open to art groups, student groups and art clubs working in the region.
- Each event participant must be a member of Margaret River Region Open Studios.
- All artists must ideally have their own studio workplace ready to open for the event. If your studio is unsuitable for visitors please let us know and we may be able to find a venue for you to participate.
- If your studio is in a commercial venue then that business will need to become a venue sponsor of the event. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Artist are required to be present and their studio open for at least 12 days of the event.
- Artists sharing a studio or participating together must each pay a separate registration fee. Artists may not allow any unregistered artist to display work or share their space.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All artist registrations will be reviewed by MRROS and any that do not to meet the above guidelines will be refunded minus a $50 administration fee.
If your studio is not suitable for the general public to visit, do you need assistance to find a space? Contact email@example.com and we will endeavour to assist.
Membership and Registration
- Unique invitation to participate in the annual event
- Presence on our web site with contact details and art images
- Access to our artist Facebook group
- Voting rights at the AGM
Event Participation Benefits Include:
- Listing in the 25,000 Event Guides distributed for the event.
- Listing includes your featured art, artist profile, contact details, map entry and opening times calendar.
- Artist pack containing signage and in-studio material for the event.
- Benefit from our extensive event marketing program which brings thousands of art lovers to the event each year. See marketing results below.
- Opportunity to sell art to continue to fund your artistic passion.
- Invitation to launch and wind up events.
What Does is Cost?
MRROS is now required to be registered for GST, and all prices below include GST for the first time.
The total fee for event participation in 2024 is $935 including GST, and comprises:
- Annual Membership $132
- Event Participation Fee $803 (includes Public Liability Insurance)
Fees are payable at time of registration.
No entries will be accepted after 31st March 2024.
Registration Check List
Before you begin, we recommend getting the following items ready in preparation. With everything prepared, allow yourself an hour to complete the online registration.
- 500 word artist statement for your website profile
- 35 word artist statement for the event guide
- 1 x 200 word statement describing your studio environment
- 1 x 200 word statement describing your development as an artist
- 1 x 300dpi image for the event guide. This is your main marketing tool; make sure the image is clear and is the best representation of your work.
- 10 images at 300dpi, sized between 2.5MB and 5MB, and formatted as a jpeg file, including an optional studio portrait.
- Re-name all files to include your name, artwork title, year created, medium and size before uploading e.g. Jane Doe_Wild Seascapes_2018_Oil on canvas_10x10cm
- Optional: 10 images for the marketing team. We recommend including a portrait of you in your studio. We love to share smiling portraits that show off your welcoming space and artworks.
- You may find it helpful to have access to past artist statements and details of any awards or publications.
Completing the Form
- Our new registration form has ‘save and complete later’ functionality, so you can return to it later.
- You’ll also be able to edit and update your website copy and images between now and September
- You can add up to three events, e.g. workshops, sundowner celebrations or artist talks
How do you Register?
- Please sign up online – click the ‘REGISTER HERE’ button below.
- Payment can be made by Credit or Debit Card